An approval of measuring equipment (hereinafter referred to as ME) was created by the Federal Technical Regulation and Metrology Agency (Rosstandard).
A number is assigned to the ME and an order about its entry in the Federal information corpus on assurance of uniformity of measurements (The State Register of ME) is issued in the case of an affirmative decision of the Rosstandard. The Manufacturer (applicant party) then gets a certificate for the approval of the ME type with an enclosed description.
The document indicates a full conformity of measuring equipment with the requirements established by the State. It also indicates that the ME is suitable for usage in areas governed by regulation.
The type approval procedure includes several steps:
- Carrying out tests to approve Measuring Equipment in accordance with the requirements of the Order No. 1081 of the Russian Ministry of Industry and Trade of 30.11.2009 (Application 1, Section 3);
- Organization of test materials checked in accordance with the requirements of the MIT-3290-2010;
- Inspection of documentation by the Rosstandard, receipt of the Certificate on approval of type in accordance with the requirements of the Order No. 1081 of the Russian Ministry of Industry and Trade of 30.11.2009 (Application 2 and 3).
The producer, applicant party, or authorized person should forward an application filled according to MIT 3290-2010.
The applicant party should submit the following documentation for carrying out of measuring equipment tests to approve the type:
- sample or samples of the ME,
- technical conditions signed by the head of development center (if their development is provided);
- operation manual
- The ME passport (registry card).
Examples of certificates issued